The French renaissance in England: an account of the literary relations of England and France in the sixteenth century (1910)

fullscreen
Author: Lee, Sidney, Sir, 1859-1926
Subject: Literature, Comparative -- English and French; Literature, Comparative -- French and English; Renaissance -- England
Publisher: Oxford, The Clarendon press
Call number: nrlf_ucb:GLAD-117761153
Digitizing sponsor: Internet Archive
Book contributor: University of California Libraries
Collection: cdl; americana
Scanfactors: 98

Preface.--Chronological table of leading events.--book I. The debt of Tudor culture to France.--book II. French influence on English literature, 1500-1550.--book III. French influence on Elizabethan prose.--book IV. French influence on the Elizabethan lyric.--book V. The message of Huguenots.--book VI. French influence on Elizabethan drama.--Appendix: I. Additional specimens of Elizabethan poetry which are borrowed without acknowledgment from contemporary French sources.--II. Georg Chapman and Giles Durant.--Index

Copyright-evidence-operator: MarkGraves
Copyright-region: US
Copyright-evidence: Evidence reported by MarkGraves for item frenchrenaissanc00leesrich on October 1, 2008: no visible notice of copyright; stated date is 1910.
Copyright-evidence-date: 20081001195311
Scanningcenter: rich
Mediatype: texts
Collection-library: nrlf_ucb